Response Technologies, Ltd. is a Global leader in the manufacturing and distribution of wireless security systems and other law enforcement products for specialized markets in the U.S., such as courthouses, government facilities, hospitals and healthcare facilities, K-12 schools and colleges. We are seeking a Software Engineer with excellent analytical, problem-solving, programming, and trouble shooting skills to join our team. Must be willing to travel (up to 25%).
Position Description (full-time, part-time, or contract opportunity)
The Software Engineer is responsible for software application development, requirements gathering, testing, and evaluation associated with Response Technologies Ltd.’s wireless and electrical product lines. The ideal candidate for this position will collaborate with key members of our staff to create, enhance, and maintain effective platforms that support business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create/develop API’s in various languages, C++, Java, PHP, REST
- Create applications for new features and enhancements running on Linux OS
- Integration software to interface with OEM systems
- Software Regression Testing – Write test plan, develop code, execute test, and report results
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience in related languages
- Demonstrated ability to work with development platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with and train others.
- Proven development of quality code base or applications.
- Wireless Networking and RF Experience a Plus.
- Automated Testing/ Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Strong skills in C++ programming
- Linux OS development – Ability to read, understand, and generate user and kernel level code
- Experience in database architectures and design (SQL Server, Cloud)
- Proficient in software development tools, source code control environment
- Strong background in data structures and algorithm design
- Experience architecting, designing and implementing complex software systems
- Version Control Software (GIT)
Working knowledge of:
- USB, Bluetooth, SMS/MMS
- Network protocols: SSL, DHCP, NTP
- Network devices: routers, switches, Wi-Fi, VOIP, IP Cameras, and GPS tracking devices/solutions.
- BSEE or equivalent experience, BS Computer Programming or Computer Science
- On-going continuing education to keep abreast with technology.
20/20 vision with ability to distinguish colors
Location: Greater Cincinnati Area (Harrison, Ohio)
Travel: Up to 25%
Salary: Please send your salary requirements with your resume
Benefits: Offerings for regular full-time employees include Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending /HSA, Short-term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Savings, and Paid Vacation and Sick Days.