QA Manager – Capital Markets DataWarehouse
Job Title: QA Manager – Capital Markets DataWarehouse
Company: Direct IT Recruiting Inc.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: 6 Month Contract
Job Category: QA, Quality Assurance, Capital Markets, Investments, DataWarehouse, HP ALM, QC, QTP, UFT, UC4, MarkitEDM, VB, PL/SQL, T-SQL, C#, QA Automation, QA Performance, Agile
Career Level: Intermediate to Senior
Work Experience: 5+ years QA Manager, Capital Markets, Investments, DataWarehouse, HP ALM, QC, QTP, UFT, UC4, MarkitEDM, VB, PL/SQL, T-SQL, C#, Stocks, Bonds, Private Investments, Derivatives, QA automation, QA Performance, Agile
Industry: Capital Markets, Investment, Bank
The Test Manager develops and leads the implementation of the end-to-end testing strategy for the company’s investment data warehouse. Specifically, the Test Manager is accountable for:
– Devising end-to-end testing strategies in support of major (projects) and minor (application support) extensions and changes to the investment data warehouse
– Test planning and hands-on coordination through collaboration with project managers, IT development leads, QA leads, release / deployment leads, business analyst leads and consumers[RA1]
– Ensure consumers of the investment data warehouse are fully engaged to test their applications, and that[RA2] the end-to-end plan accounts for their testing
– Managing deflect flow to ensure prioritization and resolution
– Coordinating testing activities across build and test lifecycles
– Looping back to strategy to ensure adherence and validity
– Providing consultation on how to test the integration between the data warehouse and upstream/downstream systems
– Responsible for Test strategy and plan, planning and coordinating the end to end testing efforts across the different testing types, teams and phases (e.g. DIT, SIT, UAT and Consumers).
– Drives the defect management process including triage
– Owns the regression testing strategy, advises which suites to run on different test scenarios (including automation and performance testing)[RA3]
– Responsible for the test data and test environment strategy and manages the coordination of testing activities within the environment for application support and project teams
[RA4] – Provides status of testing activities and deliverables to project / enhancement delivery manager[RA5] .
– Communicates and collaborates effectively with business analysts, IT developers, test leads, testers, project / enhancement delivery manager, customers and Testing Strategy and Governance teams
– Aligns and implements standards, governance, and progress and root cause metrics.
– Provides oversight on testing partners and raises issues with regard to deadlines and testing quality
– Drives continuous improvement in testing
– A university/college degree
– 8+ years of IT or Investment Business area
– 5+ years of QA
– Have extensive project planning and coordination skills
– Candidates should possess knowledge and experience with capital markets data flow and warehousing.
– Experience with building and managing end-to-end test strategies
– Experience with building QA standards (including end-to-end Defect Flow)
– Experience with test environment planning
– Experience with QA automation and Performance Testing
– Knowledge/experience with HP ALM/QC and QTP/UFT is required
– Ability to work independently in a fast changing environment. Results oriented, team player
– Good logical, analytical and problem solving skills
– Ability to create clear and concise, high quality testing artifacts
– Knowledge of industry standard SDLC and Testing Methodologies (including Agile Methodology)
– Knowledge of enterprise data vendor tools such as UC4, MarkitEDM is an asset
– Knowledge/experience writing and reviewing programs (VB, PL/SQL, Transact SQL, T-SQL, C#) is an asset
– Knowledge of Financial Products (Stocks, Bonds, Private Investments, Derivatives) and process for managing the products an asset
[RA1]Not sure what this means?
[RA2]This is a key need and an area of focus
[RA3]This bullet is somewhat redundant; 1st bullet states al test types and phases. Regression and performance are te types; automation is the how
[RA4]Not sure why this is removed; this role will need to be accountable to PM(s)
[RA5]Who is the delivery manager? Also its more than delivering status reports; there has to be accountability