We are currently hiring for a contract Network Support Technician job in Calgary, Alberta. This will be approximately a 1 year contract beginning November 1st, 2018 – October 31st, 2019. You will be working 8 hours a day, 40 hours per week.
Network Support Technicians will be responsible for providing first level network support, equipment maintenance and front-line customer support for all Telecom Systems under the Network Operations Center group. This includes Cisco routing and switching (IOS and Nexus), modems, satellite communications, microwave systems, and wireless (Cisco and Aruba).
3+ years experience in technical infrastructure and telecommunications. Due to the dynamic nature of this area, the ability to function effectively in a multi-team environment and to adapt to multiple dynamic priorities, which can change with little advance notice, is mandatory. Knowledge and experience with IP troubleshooting, TCP/IP, DNS, ping, trace route. Basic knowledge of routing protocols (e.g. OSPF, EIGRP and BGP).
The ideal candidate would have good communication skills and be customer friendly.
Network Support Technician job responsibilities:
- Work in the Network Operations Center monitoring corporate and SCADA networks
- Excellent customer service (by being courteous, knowledgeable, and professional) and communication skills (chat, email, phone, and in person).
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues across a wide range of routers, switches, modems, wireless controllers, and other communication devices.
- Installing, maintaining, programming and testing networking hardware (wired and wireless, cabling, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with Layer 1 and Layer 2 troubleshooting
- Utilize ServiceNow to log all requests and activities including documentation of special requests and customizations considered important for future support
- Produce and update process and support documentation.
- Monitor the operational support systems to proactively identify service impacting events relating to IT, network, and facility conditions
- Communicate with customers and internal staff at regular intervals to ensure expectations are set and that appropriate attention is being paid to customer requests
- Communicate changes, outages to appropriate contacts.
- Escalate problems to the appropriate IS and business teams within the company or external vendors as required to achieve resolution
- Keep current on industry products and technologies available for communications, (e.g. Internet services, protocols and networking equipment).
After-hours on-call duties are part of this job.
- Experience troubleshooting circuit issues with vendors (Bell, Telus, Verizon, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience using a ITSM ticketing system such as ServiceNow
- Experience using network monitoring systems such as Solarwinds Orion, StatSeeker and NetScout
- Current Cisco certifications as a definite asset.
- Experience with Switching, VLANs, and spanning-tree is an asset
- Experience and understanding of Network services such as RADIUS, NTP, DNS and DHCP is an asset.
- Experience with load balancing and wireless solutions would be an asset.
- Preference will be given to individuals with skills in protocol, performance and statistical analysis.
- Beginner to intermediate server and storage troubleshooting skills;
- Certified in both MS Windows servers and VMWare would be an asset;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent technical knowledge of hardware and Windows 7, Windows 10 operating systems
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures
- Familiar with personal computers/printers/wireless connectivity devices
- Android 4.4+ or Apple iOS9+ or Windows Phone 8+ including a data package to receive emails and instant messaging
- Eligible to work in Canada
- No criminal record
- Ability to work extended hours as required
Nice to Have:
● College diploma or university degree in a relevant field such as Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or Computer Science (or equivalent experience) or 7-10 years equivalent work experience
● CompTIA A+ certifications
● Cisco or Microsoft certifications (MCP and/ or MCSE)
Compensation: $23.00 – $26.00 per hour
If you are interested or would like more information for the I.T Field Service Technician job in, Calgary, Alberta, or other MBI Inc. employment opportunities, please forward your resume through the appropriate channels and apply. At MBI IT Services you are more than just a number. Our employee relationship managers support you throughout your engagement; provide career guidance and re-employment assistance. Join MBI Services!