API Software Developer / Architect – Round Rock, TX
API Senior Developer / Architect / 343469
Duration: Project end date 2/1/19 with possible extension
Location: Round Rock, TX
Operating as an individual contributor or as part of a team (on large complex projects with multiple Architects), interprets and develops client requirements into a solution which aligns with the overarching integration architecture. Collaboratively operates across business areas and technical teams to define integration solutions that represent business needs and technical architecture roadmap. Contribute to the definition of architectural policies, standards, and procedures.
- Experience in design, architecture, development and testing of API Platforms, preferably Layer 7 & IBM DataPower.
- Experience in Java Spring based microservices deployed on containerized platform, specifically Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) is highly desirable.
- Analyzes business requirements to determine appropriate technology solutions
- Experience in 12-factor development of microservices, APIs and CICD tools & processes
- Experience in full software development life cycle (Agile) including writing stories & managing backlogs.
- Delivers projects in a timely and efficient manner
- Assists in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of less experienced developers
- Collaborate with Executive stakeholders, Architects, Project Managers, Application Developers, Database Team Members, QA Analysts, and Business Users in the development and initiation of new software programs and application services
- Perform code-reviews and deployments artifacts to make sure the best practices are implemented in APIs on Layer 7 / IBM DataPower
- Detail-oriented, well organized, able to work independently, and good communication skills
- Expert and proven analysis, judgment, decision making, organizational, and planning skills working in an autonomous and proactive manner, and a desire to continuously learn new skills
- Strong communicator and relationship builder with all levels of the organization
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical business colleagues
- Passion and demonstrated ability for continuous process improvement
- Strong work ethic, critical thinker
- MINIMUM Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering, Engineering or related field of study
- MINIMUM Experience Requirement: 10 years of experience in architecture, design and development of API/integration solutions
- Strong understanding of API Strategy, DMZ, API Security, Integration Patterns and design principles.
- Experience in one or both of API platforms – IBM DataPower and/or Layer 7
- Experience with AMQP, MQ and JMS Queue Protocols and technologies.
- Experience with HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, JDBC technologies.
- Experience with databases & SQL
- Strong Team player, able to work well with a diverse team from different GEO locations and timezones.
- Experience providing Production Support or equivalent
- Exposure in Oracle SOA Suite technology adapters for integration solutions between enterprise apps: Database, JMS, B2B, FTP, File, Web Service, BAM, and Oracle applications
- Experience in Dell Boomi platform